Undoubtedly, having sufficient updated information about customers and leveraging on it is one of the most effective tools to prevent identity theft and reduce crime rates and fraud. To minimize the risks associated with customers’ identity, adequate knowledge of the customers plays a vital role in this regard.
At First Registrars and Investor Services, we provide the following KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER (KYC) services:
- Address Verification
- Certificate/Documents Verification
- Identity Verification
- Bank Account Opening Document And Other Security Instrument Delivery
Our KYC Exercise:
Formal Proof of Address using documentary evidence of address:
The address specified by the prospective and existing customers in the customers’ application (whether individual or corporate) is visited and revisited with a view to confirming the existence of such address.
- Informal Proof of Address
The address specified by the identifier (the guarantor) standing in for the prospective/existing customer e.g. Village Head, Church Head, Divisional Police Officer, etc) is visited with a view to confirming the existence of such address.
The First Advantage:
- We provide a dedicated web-enabled platform for data exchanges.
- We ensure submission of full description of customers’ addresses as contained in the Address Verification Report Form.
- We ensure prompt reports to our client(s) where there are unverified addresses within the stipulated time.
- We ensure that there are completed Address Verification Report Forms forwarded on a weekly basis or as agreed to our client(s).